Maps for Memory-Maps project (M4MM)
The purpose of this project is to make exiting (calibrated) maps
accessible for Memory-Map (and Fugawi) with some dedicated
The project is split in two parts; a "How to use"-part and a "How it is was build"
part (this web page). In the "Who to use" part you will find the
downloads and the functional documentation. On this page the more
technical (programming) details.
- MAP data to JPR (m2j) converts OziExplorer MAP-files in to
- Mobac MAP data to JPR (mob2j) converts Mobac MAP-files in to
- GDAL data to JPR (g2j) extracts georeference data form
GeoTIFF- and GeoPDF-files and creates JPR-files based on these data.
The applications were built as a Windows Forms App (.NET Framework ) in
Visual Studio 2019 Basic. The code is depending on features of this
template (I know by trial and error).
- Reading and writing text to a file using the
- Deleting an existing file using the "My.Computer.FileSystem"
- Testing the existing of a file using the
- Retrieving user "documents"- and "temporary"-directory using
the "My.Computer.FileSystem."pecialDirectories" object.
- Splitting a string into substrings using the "Split" function.
- Using GDAL functionality by calling a "Shell"command
You will find some pieces of code in the frame to the right.
In the documentation you will find the description of the
applications, the code and some tables used during the development
(v0.2) (download > unzip)
The upcoming challenges:
- Converting OziExplorer maps (OZF-files, etc)
- Implementing more map projections
- Converting NEATLINE to Vertex polygon (G2J)
- July 5. 2019: M2J version 0.1 published